Re: [TowerTalk] 80-m. Inverted Vee vs. Dipole Performance

To: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80-m. Inverted Vee vs. Dipole Performance
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 13:58:31 -0400
I have built several antennas that I thought should work well, and did not.

What I like to do is have 2 or 3 antennas, and compare performance
over a period of time (ie a winter/contest season).  The antenna that
works poorly goes away and I keep the better one.  Repeat the process
the following winter.  Over a period of time, antennas should get
better as the poor ones go away and are replaced with better ones.

I don't think my antennas are "the best", rather they are the best I
have managed to find *so far*.  When I find something that works
better, any/all my current antennas are subject to being replaced.

Granted, this option does not work for everyone, but should result in
ongoing improvement.

Tom - VE3CX