[TowerTalk] Newbee concrete rebar questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Newbee concrete rebar questions
From: SGTOKIE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 03:16:38 EDT
i used 3/8 rebar (bassically a 3x3x3 ft cage) in all 3 of my tower bases
and i also added coarse fiber fill..........i used a 10' section as my bottom
and brazed #4 solid copper on the horizontal supports (that are below the
surface) to the rebar cage. i got the idea from the internet when i was
researching grounding for the towers. it is called a Ufer ground and i have not
been following this discussion lately so if it has already been covered,
please excuse my ignorance.  the ufer ground is only supplimental to external
grounding of the tower legs.......i figure the more grounding i can get the
better off i am........just my 2 cents.

david, k5qwo