Re: [TowerTalk] Bringing feedlines through the floor

To: K1TTT@ARRL.NET, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bringing feedlines through the floor
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:20:56 EDT
Dave and all, those spade bits are quite a bargain considering you can buy
a whole set for about the cost of a single metal bit or hole saw.

In addition, they work very well on aluminum, with a bit of oil for
lubrication. I have drilled holes up 1 1/4" diameter in 3/8" thick aluminum
with
ease. This works better with a drill press but can be done with a hand held
drill with a little care and a firm grip on both the drill motor and
aluminum.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 10/22/2010 6:47:31 A.M. Central Daylight Time,