Re: [TowerTalk] Bringing feedlines through the floor

To: K1TTT <K1TTT@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bringing feedlines through the floor
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:32:06 -0400
Here's an example of floor boxes. You can get them in just about any size,
round or rectangular, for any type floor - carpet, tile, wood. This is just
one company, you can find floor boxes at your local electrical parts
distributor.

http://www.floorboxsystems.com/index.html

When you cut a hole in your floor, drill a small pilot hole (or 3 or 4) to
make sure the hole clears floor joists, plumbing, wiring and other important
things. Perspective from underneath is quite different and measurement from
walls can fool you.

I like the Skil RotoZip tool. You can get hole saws up to 8" at your local
Ace Hardware if you decide to go with a round floor box.

73,

Mickey N4MB