Re: [TowerTalk] Tuners

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tuners
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:11:20 +0000
Paul,

I made the measurements myself. The inductor was in the open, sitting on
a wooden baseboard. It had a "tapered pitch".

The Qs I measured seem to be similar to those measured by Tom W8JI who
says this on his web site:

"The trend of Steve's data agrees with my measurements, although there
are differences in data because I measured different inductors. I
measured less peak Q, but also significantly higher minimum Q in the
inductors I tested. While the inductors I measured has less delta in Q,
they also had a serious dip in Q up near 25-35 MHz when near
half-inductance."

73,
Steve G3TXQ