[TowerTalk] Condensation inside LMR-1200 + 7/8" heliax ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Condensation inside LMR-1200 + 7/8" heliax ?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 19:36:44 -0800
OK, what's the procedure to prevent condensation  from  forming  inside the
center conductor of either LMR-1200  [which uses a hollow cu tube for a center
conductor].... or  ditto  with 7/8"  heliax ??

Are we supposed to blow  dry nitrogen / dry air / hot air  down the inside of
the CU tube 1st..for a few minutes, before installing  7-16 dins on each end ?

My thought was if any high humidity air was 1st blown out, before connector's
installed, coax installed, and connector's are water proofed, then
we should have minimal problems down the road.

Is my plan a waste of time ?

Later.... Jim   VE7RF