Re: [TowerTalk] Falling off ladder's.

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Falling off ladder's.
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:18:58 -0800
For many of us we are safer at work then at home !   OSHA safety requirements
dictate
safe work practices.  When at work we are required
to wear safety glasses with side shields and hard hats too in most areas.
Ladders must be tied off or secured at the top before any work can be done plus
a safety harness must be worn and clipped on before work can be done.
Step ladders are exempt, however.......... you cannot stand on the very top step
the next to the highest is the highest step to use. There are a lot of safety
practices
procedures we follow at work that, well, we don't think we need to do "this
will only take
a minute"    At home we sometimes don't "think safety" and use a lot of power
tools, grinders, saws,
etc without safety glasses. Ladders used in precarious positions (I confess,
hi,hi)
Weed eater, trimming lawn edge, around trees and flower beds, without safety
glasses (I confess again)

Bob
K6UJ