[TowerTalk] 40 meter yagi over a 40 meter dipole

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 meter yagi over a 40 meter dipole
From: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 09:13:04 -0800 (PST)
I'm looking at the Steppir DB18 10 thru 40 meter yagi.  I'm thinking about also
mounting a Steppir 10 thru 40 meter dipole on the same mast, rotated 90 degrees
from the yagi.  I'd like the ability to switch between the two antennas for
weak signals off the side of the yagi so I'd typically be operating with both
antennas on the same band.    I'd only be able to separate the two antennas by
5 maybe 6 feet.

I'm wondering about problems created by interaction between the two antennas
when they're both on the same band.  Would I be better off just settling for
the yagi by itself?

Thanks for your input.

Gary Slagel/N0SXX
Hot Springs, SD