Re: [TowerTalk] who's "right" (a tuner question)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] who's "right" (a tuner question)
From: jim feldman <mtnredhed@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 17:09:34 -0800
It took me a little while to understand how a strong BCB station might do
this, but I assume it's because the MFJ "sees" the signal as reflected
power?  I didn't (and don't) see that if I plug right into the antenna feed
line.  Someone suggested dialing it in via the tuner/transmitter swr meters
and then checking the match via the MFJ289.  I'll try that this evening and
report back the results (little embarrassed I didn't think to try that).

I'm not saying that isn't the case but I've been successfully using the
analyzer for some months on vhf antenna projects with quite low matches, and
I also periodically test the trapped vertical, and get back pretty good
matches on 10 15 and 20.  Even 40 is pretty good.  75 is just very narrow,
but under 2:1

Thanks for everyone's help
jim w6jmf