Re: [TowerTalk] Using Belden 9913F7 Vs. LMR-400UF : An Alternative.Input

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>, EZ <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using Belden 9913F7 Vs. LMR-400UF : An Alternative.Input by DAVIS RF Co
From: Stephen Davis <sdavis@DavisRF.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:53:33 -0500
Hi Chris,

Tnx for the feedback.  Yes, Bury-Flex (Tm of DAVIS RF Co.) has almost exactly
the same low loss at HF  as 9913F7  (which has the same loss as LMR-400UF, up
thru 2.8 GHz, close thereafter).  The only real difference Bury-Flex Tm vs.
9913F7 and LMR-400UF is that the flexibility of Bury Flex is slightly less than
the other two cables, but noticeably more flex than LMR-400 (the "standard"
version).  Bury-Flex Tm also can be run through water, ponds, streams, and in
salt water (we have not tested it for depth applicability but we know of one
application in salt water at 11 ft. depth).  Also, it is around 22% less
expensive than 9913F7, thus around 30% less expensive than LMR 400 UF  (pricing
depends on where you purchase , of course, and many of our dealers sell all
three cables).... and Bury Flex Tm has a longer (long!)  life in UV than the
other two cables, the LMR-400 UF being a relatively short life, as noted in my
original email below.

Tnx again,

73,  Steve, K1PEK

DAVIS RF Co.,  Div. of Orion Wire Co., Inc.

Wire, Cable, RF Connectors and wire aerial parts.

LMR, Heliax, Eupen

Commercial / Military

Custom Cable Design

tel:  978-369-1738     Fax:  978-369-3484
www.DavisRF.com