Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor specs, are they a bill of goods ??

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor specs, are they a bill of goods ??
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 10:31:17 -0500
Speaking of stalling, I don't think I've heard it mentioned here that
one of the advantages of the DC motors used in the Yaesu rotators is
that you can run them up against a mechanical stop (like a swinging gate
sidearm, for example) and leave them trying to turn literally for hours
without damage.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,