Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Radial Ring

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Radial Ring
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 00:46:51 -0700
Every time this topic surfaces I'm rather amazed that no one uses the
circuit breaker box ground bus bar extensions sold at places like Home
Depot.  They're designed to be essentially weatherproof, they include
all the screws to fasten the wires, and they can be strung together to
handle as many wires as you need.  No drilling, the wire has no place to
go as you tighten the screw, and the bars are dirt cheap.  I can't
imagine a simpler solution.

There is absolutely no need for the radial connection device to be a
ring or circular hub of any sort, but three or more of them could easily
be arranged (connected at their ends) to surround the vertical element
in a diamond, square, pentagon, or whatever configuration if for some
reason that should be an issue for anyone.

73,
Dave   AB7E