Re: [TowerTalk] HDx89MDPL winch motor stopped working

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDx89MDPL winch motor stopped working
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:04:21 -0600
Dick,

In answer to the last question, US Tower sells a hand crank.  It is mounted
to a round plate with bolts and nuts and fits into, more or less, the pulley
on the gearbox.  It is difficult to keep it in place when turning it, and it
takes a long time (many revolutions) to lower the tower.  You have to remove
the perforated safety guard to get access to the pulley.

Jim N7US