Re: [TowerTalk] Musing on G5RVs, baluns et al......

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Musing on G5RVs, baluns et al......
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 18:21:07 +0000
Jim,

You'll see I said "it's about stopping the ladderline, and more
importantly the coax, from becoming part of the radiating structure."

The reason I suggest that CM on the coax is more problematic is that in
most installations the coax ends up in the shack/house close to all the
noisy/RF-vulnerable equipment, whereas the ladderline is likely some
distance away.

73,
Steve G3TXQ