Re: [TowerTalk] Underground conduit question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Underground conduit question
From: Jim Rhodes <jimk0xu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:24:30 -0600
For my feedlines I use a plastic electrical box on the side of the house
with a 4 inch conduit coming out of the wall with 4 inch conduit coming out
of the bottom of the box going underground to the tower base, where it comes
up again into another box (these are both 12x12x6 boxes) There is a drain
hole covered by plastic screen in the middle of the run in a deliberate low
spot. For feedline access I use "strain reliefs" bought at one of the local
big big box stores. That way there is no way for even the smallest critter
to get into the conduit. I stuff some wadded up plastic into the inside end
of the pipe to keep the cold air out though. BTW, the tower is about 5 feet
from the basement wall.

Jim K0XU