Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower Old Base

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower Old Base
From: Michael Goins <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:05:26 -0600
I can't imagine that being a good idea.

The base that was original extends into the concrete via a welded cage or
the attachment to other tower (which does the same thing) and is then bolted
to the tower. I would be surprised if you could drill holes deep enough to
manage the stress of windloading with just a simple bolt replacement into
epoxied holes.

Mike, k5wmg
Pipe Creek, Texas
A thousand words a day. Five days a week. For life.