[TowerTalk] [SteppIR] 80 mtr dipole spacing above Steppir

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] [SteppIR] 80 mtr dipole spacing above Steppir
From: jcowens1@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 23:29:51 +0000 (UTC)

I would do the arrangement of the 3 antennas differently. I currently have  a
HyGain TH-11 at the bottom of a 20ft mast and a 2el shorty forty at the top of
this mast. Until recently, I had a Force 12 EF-180C 80M rotating dipole  (83 ft
long) in the middle between these 2 antennas. The 80M antenna was mounted in
line with the booms of the other 2 antennas per their recommendations. I never
experienced any noticeable interactions between the 3 antennas. I think there
is good reason to get the 40M antenna as high as possible. These antennas are
mounted on a 72ft US Tower (HDX572MDPL).

BTW, you probably will find that the 80M rotating dipole also works very well
on 30M. Mine got me more countries on 30M than it did on 80M.

John Owens -  N7TK

Celebrating over 50 Years in Ham Radio
No. 1 Honor Roll