Re: [TowerTalk] Smaller tribander

To: towertalk@contesting.com, ve4xt@mts.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Smaller tribander
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:39:05 EST

In a message dated 2/12/2011 4:05:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  Putting up a 48' tower at the cottage this summer.  Looking for
suggestions on smaller, but not micro (MA5B, etc) tribander to put  up.

    You should probably check out our tribander  comparison report (by N0AX
and K7LXC). It's available from _www.championradio.com_
(http://www.championradio.com) .

    I'm not sure what you mean by smaller. Even a  trapped tribander has a
good-sized footprint. Smaller than that isn't worth  bothering about IMO.

>  Also, would the experts agree  that at 50', there may not be a whole lot
of point to adding a 40m dipole  (like the c4s or ta33 with 40m add-on).

    A rotating dipole is a big improvement over  an inverted vee or 1/4
wave slopers. If it was me and didn't want a SteppIR,  the F12 C4 would be the
way to go - even at 50'.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH