Re: [TowerTalk] DEED RESTRICTIONS FOR ANTENNAS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DEED RESTRICTIONS FOR ANTENNAS
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 23:45:39 -0500
On 3/5/2011 5:52 PM, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com wrote:

> I got this advice from a pro (K1VR, who is a lawyer specializing in  these
> matters).  IF THE CITY DOES NOT REQUIRE A PERMIT, TO GET A  LETTER ON
> OFFICIAL LETTERHEAD STATING NO PERMIT IS NEEDED FROM BOTH THE ZONING  AND
> BUILDING
> DEPARTMENT.
It varies from area to area.
Here it's stated in the ordinances, no permit is needed 80 feet and
under. (A ham a block over tells me its been raised to 100' since mine
went up). Over 80' (or 100' now) they require the installation be
engineered, but in my case they were willing to go by the ROHN book.
They will not give you a letter, nor will they issue a permit if none is
needed.  In the past several have said they would get a permit for the
installation any way which is why I mention that.

It depends on the location and the board!

> My deed restrictions in the area I am building are very  nebulous...same
> crap about noxious activites/nusiances and all that sort of  baloney.

That is the important clause and they can make it mean anything they
want. If you have a neighbor who doesn't like antennas they become
noxious the catch *might* be the way it's worded.
I'd certainly get a letter from the HOA clarifying and specifically
permitting your tower(s) and make the sale contingent on that letter.

As Bill said, YMMV

73

Roger (K8RI)