Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: [WISPA] Always climb with a buddy......

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: [WISPA] Always climb with a buddy......
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:16:17 -0400
On 3/17/2011 3:45 PM, Marlon K. Schafer (509-982-2181) wrote:

To me, a nut clad only in his underware climbing a tower really has
little to do with tower safety except maybe for anticlimb devices and a
better fence in this case as it was a commercial tower.

It's a good idea to have helpers on the ground when climbing, but I'd
bet that well over half the climbs on ham towers are solo.

Even at my age the idea of a solo climb does not bother me.  OTOH I
*need* some one(s) on the ground as I'd be lost without go-fers.  When I
go up it's usually for a number of reasons which makes it difficult to
foresee all the tools and parts that will be needed or that I can haul
up and down by myself.

73

Roger (K8RI)