[TowerTalk] Need Tower Suggestions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Tower Suggestions
From: Martin Gary <martin.gary@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 16:50:03 -0500 (CDT)
Hello everyone,

I can't climb anymore. Missing half my foot, bad heart, bad back, etc...  Since
I can't climb and I hate asking people to do things for me, whats the best
tower solution for me? I've had regular old Rohn 25's for years and they were
great. I've moved recently  and need to put something up that won't cost more
than 5-8k (less would be better) that I (personally) can install antenna's on.
I thought seriously about just putting up another Rohn and rigging a pulley,
rope, winch system to pull me up and down the tower. I would have to have
someone on the ground to operate the winch and be the ground crew just like any
other tower climbing event. Of course, safety is a major player here. Could
that kind of solution be safe enough or should I get a crank up tower?  They
really cost a lot, especially tall ones.  If I decide to go with rigging on the
tower, what's the best way to go about it? Any suggestions would be
appreciated. I own a repeater (VHF 146.775) here in Southern Marylan
 d and have had it on a hundred foot tower at the old house for years. So, I
need one that's at least 70-100 foot tall to put my station master on. If you
have any ideas that include different kinds of towers or whatever, I'm open to
any and all suggestions.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Martin - N3HRT