Re: [TowerTalk] Need Tower Suggestions

To: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Tower Suggestions
From: Joseph or Ruth Patrick <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:29:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Martin

 I think you need to reevaluate your situation. From your physical condition
The
only thing you should be doing on a tower project is planning and taking
pictures. I'm not so sure about the planning part either from what you wrote.
If
your just going to use the tower for a VHF repeater then a crank up or a hazer
will work fine. Really a motorized crank-up would be my choice. Yeah I know
they
cost a lot of money, but I think you'll live quite a bit longer with one.Really
building a harness and having some guys haul your ass up a tower is just not
right. Who uses this repeater. How about they pitch and help. Help is not
always
there but you won't get It if you don't ask. Recently we had an older ham that
had a bad rotor on a fifty foot crank up. 5 of us went down there on a Saturday
and 6 hours later he was back on the air. charge was for material only. I know
It's hard out there, but you really need a different approach. Good Luck and
Stay Safe 73 DE K4XZ Joe Patrick