Re: [TowerTalk] Downside up G7

To: <nf4l@nf4l.com>, 'towertalk reflector' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Downside up G7
From: Doug Rehman <doug@k4ac.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 20:45:09 -0400
I've got a crossboom made out of two 4' pieces of angle iron bolted onto my
crankup (about 7' long total) with U-bolts about 18" down from the top. Each
end has a short section of angle welded on to it that is pointed towards the
ground. One side has a short 900 MHz vertical pointed up and a triband
(52/146/440) vertical pointed down. The other side has a 146 ground plane
pointed up and another 900 MHz vertical pointed down.

I drilled small drain holes in the tip of each downward pointing antenna and
carefully waterproofed the "bottom" of each antenna (which are pointing up)
to keep water out.

I've had the configuration up for a couple of years and had no problems.

Doug
K4AC