Re: [TowerTalk] BAG CONCRETE QUESTION

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BAG CONCRETE QUESTION
From: John Ammeter <jammeter@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 13:03:34 -0700
I just mixed 11 bags of concrete for a small porch on my shop.  Even
using a mixer it was a job I wouldn't care to repeat too often.  The
mere thought of mixing 80 bags is much more than I'd ever attempt.  The
60 pound bags are only 0.44 cubic feet in size so you'd need 60 bags for
one cubic yard.  My crankup took 5 yards of concrete for the base.  I
had a local concrete supply company bring the already mixed concrete to
my house and pour it into the hole.  That way, I've got a known good mix
and it's all the same consistency.

John Ammeter
KE7JA