Re: [TowerTalk] yaesu g800sa

To: <stevobags@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] yaesu g800sa
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 15:59:30 -0500
Yes, if you can access the control cable at the base of the tower you can
apply +/- 15VDC to pins 4 & 5 and the rotor should turn. Be sure to first
remove the cable from the controller in the shack.

The speed control varies the voltage to the motor, probably up to 18-20 V
(I've never tested the limits) but be cautious before you put more than
about 18V across the motor!

If you have 300+ of control line to the rotor that could be a pretty hefty
loss and you should be using pretty hefty cable (at least for pins 4/5) to
compensate for all that resistance.

BTW pins 1+2+3 are the 500 ohm potentiometer (pin 2 is the wiper) which
measures the position of the rotor.

The schematics are readily available online. If you can't find them, drop me
a line offlist.

GL es 73

Dan
K0DAN