Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Bearing Plate

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Bearing Plate
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 18:37:39 -0400
On 5/3/2011 10:02 PM, Kevin Adam wrote:
> Try Norms Fab shop he's in Michigan he can make you one just for you job
> that you need.

I used the mounting plates from ROHN They had the proper clearance for
saddle clamps, but came with U-bolts. With U-bolts they required 1/8"
shims on each leg.

I now make my own.  Depending on how pretty you want them and whether
you want them hot dipped galvanized they can be easy to make with a
torch/plasma cutter and drill press.  You can make them out of flat
plate and weld on 2" steel angle  for the U-bolts. it'd be nice to have
a place close by that did hot dip galvanizing.

73

Roger (K8RI)