Re: [TowerTalk] concrete bases for freestanding towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] concrete bases for freestanding towers
From: Adam Shirley WJ4X <wj4x@amsat.org>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:07:16 -0400
My 40 HDBX has closer to 6 yards under it. It's a block 6.5 square, 6 ft
deep. The old Rohn drawings specified a 4' deep hole. I also have a yard
of gravel in the bottom of the hole to prevent ice lensing. (Which at 6
ft deep shouldn't ever happen here in 4 land! HIHI)

I take the Walt Disney mantra of engineering, take what you know, design
it to your best, then "plus" it to make it better.

73!
 -Adam