Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical with 1 radia

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical with 1 radia
From: "pehaire" <pehaire@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:58:26 -0500
I agree with you.  I was thinking of a hands on method of testing the
original question.  How would a vertical with one radial perform.

My idea was to extablish contact (propagation) with a distant point with a
reference antenna and then compare the signal strength of the vertical with
the refence antenna.  If the vertical is not as good as the refernce antenna
then what can I say?    If the signal should fade in or out eventually you
could exchange  a comparison.  If the level varied as much as 2 S units (12
db) then we should still get a test if we had propagation.  B4 I retired
from at&t for a short time I was involved in transmission work and this
seemed to be a good method.

I like hands on operations.  Bridges are built by people who place iron and
concrete in place and then stand back and say I built that bridge.  The
peoples sweat and effort is what you see when you view a picture of that
bridge.  Paper work does not show up in pictures.  Unfortunately -  because
it too is a necessity.

WA5MUE