[TowerTalk] Lightning arrestor in towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning arrestor in towers
From: HansLG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 07:58:39 -0400 (EDT)
I just wonder if I can get some input.

I was thinking putting a "stick (conducting)" on top of my tower well above
 any other installation. Connect the "stick" to a heavy wire that is well
grounded in the other end. The idea is that a lightning preferable will hit
the "stick" and be safely conducted to the ground similar what you do with
a  house.

A few days ago I did have a hit on my house and the lightning protection
worked except for a surge protector and a battery charger located near the
corner that was hit. Everything else survived.

73

Hans - N2JFS