Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu thrust bearing adapter plate to ROHN 25G

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu thrust bearing adapter plate to ROHN 25G
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 12:41:36 -0400
On 6/19/2011 11:01 AM, Clint Talmadge W5CPT wrote:
> Roger (and all),
> R&L makes an adapter plate to bolt a Yaesu TB to a Rohn accessory shelf (or
> the flat top section).  Much easier than re-drilling the top as I did.

Knowing ahead of time that would be a good option.   They took the
option I mentioned of setting the adapter on spacers just high enough so
the bearing bolts tot he plate and the plate with separate bolts, bolts
to the accessory plate or tower top.  Using that approach the adapter
can be smaller and square.

When working on something, and finding you need something, that is often
not the time you want to order it. <:-))
This cost a couple of bucks and took an hour of so.  For the
mechanically challenged, or perfectionist it could take hours and then
might not be satisfactory. <g> As I tend to load things to their limit I
still prefer the 1/4" plate to the 1/8" plate.

73

Roger (K8RI)