Re: [TowerTalk] G-800DXA

To: <jwhawg@q.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-800DXA
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:23:15 -0500
All the Yaesu rotors use +/- DC (approx 9-20VDC) to Pins 4 and 5 of the
rotator.

Take a voltmeter and measure Pins 4-5 on your controller...as you increase
the speed potentiometer, the voltage should go up.

Conversely, you can take a variable power supply out the tower and gator
clip +/- DC to the rotor control cable (be sure to first disconnect the
controller at the shack).

You should be able to observe the rotator changing direction & speed, and
can determine if the problem lies in the rotator or the controller.

Good luck.

73
dan
k0dan