[TowerTalk] Subject: Re: Tower Legs in Concrete

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Subject: Re: Tower Legs in Concrete
From: "Bill Feissner" <ai3q@pa.metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:59:30 -0400
I Installed 2 Rohn towers some years back and my instructions right from Rohn
stated to coat the tower legs with black roofing tar below and above where the
legs come out of the cement. I gathered the purpose was because water
inevitably lays around the legs and this would protect them. These towers have
been up many many years, with maintenance of course, and so far no trouble and
no corrosion around the legs where they come out of the concrete.

Bill, AI3Q