Re: [TowerTalk] Self-supported tower designs

To: "Steve Maki" <lists@oakcom.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Self-supported tower designs
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 16:58:48 -0700
You can get the tower design calculations for commercially
made towers from their respective manufacturers.  They
want you to use these to get a building permit.  However, the
ones I have seen are detailed enough that you can simply
copy the design and pretty much be assured that it will
stay up.  They don't make you sign anything saying you
will not copy their design.  The calcs also can be used
as a guide to making modifications to the original design,
in case the material is different, or the dimensions are
slightly different (metric tubing instead of imperial tubing, etc).

Rick N6RK