[TowerTalk] Underground cabling

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Underground cabling
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 00:18:48 -0400
I'm about ready to dig the trench for my feedline conduit. I'm satisfied
with the size but unsure of what to do about terminating either end. Both
ends will exit above ground and there is about a 2ft slope over 60ft. The
conduit runs under my lawn from the shrub bed near the house to the wood
line where the antennas are located. Due to propane lines etc, I'm not
burying the runs around the house on the way to the utility panel, rather
just leaving them above ground.

I'm lucky that my shack is on the first floor right above the basement
utilty panel so good bonding will be easily obtained.

So I'm left with what to do with either end of the conduit run. Just leave
them straight on both ends so water can run out? Sweep upward to a junction
box for bulkhead conx? Other?

Thanks

Jim ab3cv