Re: [TowerTalk] HOHOHO... strap yourself into your crank-up tower...

To: k2qmf@juno.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HOHOHO... strap yourself into your crank-up tower...
From: Charles Mills <w3yni1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 10:51:14 -0400
A few years back CQ had a picture on page 2 or 3 of a beautifully dug hole
for a large tower base.  Easily 6x6x6' if not more.  With a ham standing at
the bottom of said hole and a ladder to get out with no side support.

Now...what I learned in my trench rescue course was that if that hole caved
in which is not unheard of when there is a "wound" in the Earth such as
that, he'd be dead before his wife could dial 9-1-1 from the crushing
injury.  At the very least seriously injured if he's lucky.

Chuck