Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna location for hurricane

To: dale@immlawfirm.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna location for hurricane
From: k2qmf@juno.com
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:24:34 -0400
I always point the ends of the elements into the wind!!

I have regular aluminum elements and they handle the wind
much better when pointed into the wind...

73,
Ted  K2QMF

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 23:26:22 +0000 "Dale M. Schwartz"
<dale@immlawfirm.com> writes:
> Some SteppIR users say that you should point the ends of the elements
> into the wind, rather than the pointing the boom perpendicular to
> the wind.  .  Could it be because the elements are fiberglass and
> more prone to flap like a bird if they are broadside into the wind?
> I am not aware if the company has given advice on this or not.
> Any thoughts on this???
>
>                                 DALE   K4ROZ

57-Year-Old Mom Looks 25
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4e57acd1952c08cf51ast04vuc