Re: [TowerTalk] Do I need to Offset Yagis 90 Degrees?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Richard.Williams@gnb.ca
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Do I need to Offset Yagis 90 Degrees?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 09:40:15 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/25/2011 8:57:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I would rather point them in the same direction. The 2  ele for 40 will
be 10 feet above the TH-11DX. Anyone have any experience with  this?

    Of course we'd all like to have the antennas  pointed the same way. The
40M 90 degree offset started in the 70's because of  the KLM 4L 40M yagi,
it seemed to cause destructive interaction unless it was  offset.

    I was surprised to see someone mention that they  had to offset a more
modern 40M design but anytime you've got yagis in close  proximity, some
sort of problem is almost inevitable; e.g. destructive  interaction, decreased
bandwidth, increased SWR, pattern disruption, etc.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH