Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting ferrites?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting ferrites?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:06:36 -0700
On 8/30/2011 8:04 AM, Jim Lux wrote:
> Snelling's book (originally written for Philips, a mfr of
> ferrites/powdered metal components, as Jim noted) is a great reference,
> particularly the (hard to get) 2nd edition.

Six years ago, I presented an tutorial on RFI in pro audio at the IEEE
EMC Symposium in Chicago.  One of the major EU ferrite mfrs had a booth,
and I discussed my work with the salesmen who inhabited the booth. They
told me that they had bought all of the publisher's stock of the book
and given them to their clients.  I hoped that they would send me one on
the basis of the extensive work I had published. Silly me. :)

I held a copy of the first edition in my hands, and xeroxed a bunch of
pages. KC9GLI, who was then a prof at U of Chicago, found it in the
third sub- basement of their library and loaned it to me for my research.

73, Jim K9YC