[TowerTalk] Recognize this tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Recognize this tower?
From: "Wilson Lamb" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:35:18 -0400
Nice tower.
Would make TWO really nice 60 footers!
So it's $8/foot.  Likely a lot cheaper than this kind of tower new.
HOWEVER, you can get used 25G for $4-5/ft all day, so you have to decide
what tower you actually want.

If you read the antenna stuff, you see that higher than 60' buys you very
little on 20m and up.  At some distances, it may hurt.  I think there's a
lot to be said for staying down where two sets of guys is enough.

I have been offered several towers for taking down.  The way prices and regs
are now, I've never seen it be a good deal, unless you and your buddies can
do the takedown  and I'm not willing to ask friends to do a takedown.  I do
plan to ask them to help when I finally get around to putting mine up,
however, since it will be in my yard, completely under our control.

Wilson
W4BOH