Re: [TowerTalk] low band antenna without good ground

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] low band antenna without good ground
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 07:54:09 +0100
ROBERT HARMON wrote:
>You guys have me interested also.  I have a small lot only 70 feet by
>120 feet. Do you think I would wasting my time with this small of an
>area for rolling out the ground screen for the low bands ?

Not wasting your time at all. When you are limited to short distances
from  the base of the antenna, a roll of mesh is equivalent to a large
number of individual radials - with the advantage that you can roll them
all up in one go.

Rob Sherwood's 'Ham Radio' article is required reading because he
compared several different layouts for a given amount of mesh. The
article is on his website, at:
<http://www.sherweng.com/documents/GroundScreen-sm.pdf>

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK