Re: [TowerTalk] Safety belt and gorilla hooks

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Safety belt and gorilla hooks
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:55:07 -0700
The best gorilla hook I ever found was this one:

http://www.rescuetech1.com/iscritrecoveryhooknew.aspx

They are extremely strong (check the specs) and very light weight (only
one pound each).  I use three of them ... two on the end of climbing
straps so that I am never disconnected from the tower while climbing,
and a third one on my belt so that I can cinch myself up close to the
tower while working.  These hooks are easily engaged and disengaged with
one hand, and of course they have a safety lock to prevent accidental
opening.  The throat opening is large enough to get around the cross
braces on my AN Wireless heavy duty tower, and also around the 2 inch
diameter mast when I get to the top of the tower.

73,
Dave   AB7E