Re: [TowerTalk] Solid copper ground wire supplier

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Solid copper ground wire supplier
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:54:07 -0400
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

On the subject of stranded vs solid wire for grounding; my guess is that
there is some electrical advantages, but the argument I see most is that
solid is easier to clean compared to stranded when making a renewed
connection.

I'd have to agree because over the years, I kept cutting my 00 stranded
to remove corrosion on the ends and wound up with ground wires that were
too short. In hindsight, I should have coated the lug, ground rod and
ground wire with an anti-corrosion compound. Same goes for the aluminum
lug / ground wire connection at the tower. What's best to use?

Tony