[TowerTalk] Solid Copper

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Solid Copper
From: Warrenwolff <warrenwolff@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:18:42 -0400 (EDT)
 Morning fellow TTalkers,

Quick note on this subject.  I am NO expert on these matters;
so depend on the plethora of information on here AND the advice
of the folks who poured the foundation for my AN Wireless HD-60.

One of the installation team has extensive experience with cell
towers.  His advice was #2 solid.  So, that is what I have.  I have
few nearby choices for a source.

Went to Lowe's where a very helpful fellow got me a quote at
$1.67 per foot.  Ugh!

Tried the local electrical wholesaler.  Much better at $1.25 per foot.
Online was not much difference, but then there is shipping which
seems to be high today. So, I bought 300 feet from the wholesaler.

Ground Rods were different, however,   Lowe's was not up to date on
price there; I saved over $5.00 per 8-foot rod with them.

Good luck,  Warren; W7WY