Re: [TowerTalk] PIPE ANCHORS

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PIPE ANCHORS
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:44:32 -0700
You are correct that a larger tube wins for same amount of steel.  My
comparison was same size/same moment and showed the extra steel needed
for round in a 4" shape.  The #/ft measure was a bad choice on my part.
It should have included "for a given size" since otherwise a very large
diameter thin tube has a higher moment but is useless structurally
(unless it is pressurized as in liquid fuel rockets or Coors cans).

Grant KZ1W