Re: [TowerTalk] 10M phased verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 10M phased verticals
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:47:12 -0500
> You've got a radial field with the elements sort of placed on top of it.
> Element 1 is at the center and connected to all the radials, but two of
> elements are essentially sitting on top of one of the radials, and the
> fourth element (at Sp,sp) isn't on any radial (since 45 isn't a multiple
> of 6 degrees)

Jim,

>From what I can see, NEC/2 looks at those Z=0 radial connections as all
being the same for each source.  No?  I would really welcome input on this
from you or anyone else with a better understanding of the NEC internals.  I
see no other way to specify separate radial fields for each radiator in
4Nec2, nor EZNEC.  Or, I'm missing it in a tab somewhere.

Anyway, per your suggestion, I removed the radial field and placed it over
perfect ground and the pattern is actually worse.  I'm about to send you a
.JPG of a family of curves showing the 10m 4-square (5/8) over perfect
ground, 60 radials over average ground, and 1/4-wave over average ground.  I
would send it through the list but I think attached files gets stripped --
or worse, I'll violate a list rule!

Paul, W9AC