Re: [TowerTalk] More dipole support

To: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More dipole support
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:27:12 -0800
Ray,

My application was the same as yours - erect an irrigation pipe vertical.

It has the same sizing/threads as the threaded conduit at Home Depot -
the type is IMC vs the thin wall not threaded EMT.  I think most larger
commercial electrical suppliers will stock it.  I've seen it used in
larger diameters for outdoor service and for larger sizes inside
factories.  The threading is different than NPT pipe, it has no taper so
it is easier to adjust a section to length.  However, this also weakens
the joint a bit.

Grainger has it in their catalog, but you don't want to pay their price

Surplus/recycle electrical suppliers might be another good place to look.

Grant KZ1W