Re: [TowerTalk] G-1000DXA failure with lower mast clamp

To: Tower Talk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-1000DXA failure with lower mast clamp
From: Barry N1EU <n1eu.barry@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:22:10 +0000
The original bolts are lost now but the GC-038 doc calls out M8 X 25mm
long bolts.

The holes are deeper - there's still probably a half inch or more of
threaded hole deeper than what is broken off on that one hole.  And
yes, I now believe it was just a loosening problem and my current plan
is to use Nord-Lock lockwashers and reassemble with correct length
bolts.

Barry N1EU