Re: [TowerTalk] Trees and Verticals

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trees and Verticals
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 14:42:53 -0800
On 12/28/11 1:14 PM, Dan Schaaf wrote:
> Let's go a step further,
> What happens if you put a dry wooden broomstick down the center of an
> aluminum tube vertical.
> Then a wet Broomstick.

solid tube is different than a cage o' wires in terms of internal field.

At some point, though, if you have enough wires, the cage will be
identical to the tube.

I'd say off the cuff that when the spacing between wires is smaller than
the distance to the tree (or broomstick) inside  the cylinder, you can
start to ignore what's in the middle.