Re: [TowerTalk] Mastrant Rope ? guy wire ?

To: "[TowerTalk]" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mastrant Rope ? guy wire ?
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 18:46:46 -0800
Is this stuff dacron ?
I wonder how it compares to the black dacron antenna rope I have been buying.
The rope has a black dacron weave on the outside and a
white core out some sort of synthetic material.  It holds up pretty well to the
sun but after it abrades on the outside the white core
works its way out and time to throw away.  I don't use it for guying but for
hoisting and supporting antennas off the tower and trees.
If this Mastrant stuff has dacron strands (or another synthetic) throughout
rather than just the outer covering it might hold up better.

Bob
K6UJ