[TowerTalk] Ecoflex 15 questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ecoflex 15 questions
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:50:34 -0000
OMs

     I am wondering just how flexible Ecofllex 15 coax may be.   Can I use
this coax successfully for a rotator loop of about 3.5 feet taking 7.0 feet
of coax without causing the coax difficulty?   It is a much less flexible
coax than RG-213 but I am able to provide a fairly loose loop.

      The centre pin is not soldered on their special PL259 plug but instead
uses a compression fitting.   Does this present a problem?   For that matter
the braid is not soldered either but uses a compression fitting somewhat
similar to that of a Type N connector.   Has anyone experience with this
coax and what is the verdict on these connectors?

       Thank you for your advice.

                        73 Doug EI2CN